Wednesday, May 02, 2012

National Flash Fiction Day

This message sent to me from Michelle Elvy

Hello everyone --  

I'm writing to tell you about a literary event you might already know: National Flash Fiction Day

2012 marks the inaugural year for this event, and we're celebrating, appropriately, on June 22, the shortest day of the year. Since I know many of you are writers of short fiction as well as poetry (and since I know that poets make fine flashers as well), I'm sending around the link to the website and competition info. There is no entry fee for the competition, stories must be 300 words or fewer (excluding title) and they will be judged anonymously by the judging panel of Graeme Lay, Tina Shaw and Stephen Stratford. Deadline for the comp is June 1.

An evening is being planned in Auckland on June 22 where the winning stories will be read/presented, plus other events -- next year the venue could move to another city, but for this year Auckland is logistically possible for the organisers and judges. 

Here's the website

Please direct any questions my way, and please pass this around -- facebook, twitter, etc. One month until submissions close!

No comments: