Saturday, April 21, 2012

Armageddon 2012

I've just spent an enjoyable day with Joker, Alice in Wonderland, Poison Ivy, Adventureland characters and many more entertaining characters over at Armageddon.  I was working as a volunteer for a well-know NZ organisation committed to Environmental and Social Justice issues. I was not actually familiar with all the characters on show although I do play Mass Effects 2!  The totoro suit was amazingI'm not sure how the wearer could endure such heat. People talk about 'geeks' and 'nerds' etcfine, that's all easy copy and I don't mind being called a geek at all.  But there's also a lot of arts and crafts on show: artists showing their cartoons, their jewelry, their make-up skills.  I don't watch a lot of TV but one show I do watch is Project Runway. I think there's something very inventive and fun about making these costumesisn't that what the rugby Sevens is all about?  I did notice a sort of disconnect between major films and some of the cosplay. I didn't see a Katniss or a Pru.
Photo: Kent Blechynden/ FAIRFAX NZ from Stuff.

No comments: