Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Last night at Cruz

Last night's reading by Michael Morrissey was attended by a small, enthusiastic group at Cruz Bar. Morrissey read a wide ranging selection of his poems from his numerous collections as well as a few new pieces. During the intermission Russell Self played good blues on the smallest ukulele I've ever seen. At the open mike I read 'The Shepherd', 'Sea of Rains' and 'Dōgen Bogen.' I'm quite fond of the latter poem, which I can recite from memory, even though I know it's a bit silly. Next month Tim Jones will be reading and they are hoping to arrange to arrange Fleur Adcock (I think) to read before the year's end. But they need a new organiser to keep it going. . .


And the bNet Music Award nominees are out and I don't know any of them! Getting old ...

No comments: